Friends of Burdett-Coutts
If you are a parent, carer or a guardian of a child that attends the school, then you are automatically a member of our Parent Association, Friends of Burdett-Coutts.
Being part of Friends of Burdett-Coutts offers an exciting opportunity for parents, carers and guardians to meet one another and to be involved in supporting our school, through fundraising events, volunteering and much more. Even if you only have a small amount of time, you can still benefit from this amazing chance to participate more in school life.
Whether you are committee member or a volunteer, you will be making a difference to the school experience for your child and other pupils in the school. Being an active volunteer is fun, enjoyable and very rewarding and can also provide you with new and valuable skills, which could enhance your CV and broaden job opportunities.
Being involved in Friends of Burdett-Coutts is not just about raising money. Whilst fundraising is an important part of any Parent Association, there is also growing evidence that Parent Associations are playing a further role in the life of the school. Increasingly, they are also working with their local community and representing the views of parents within school.
Our next meeting will be on Wednesday the 7th of March @ 9am in the Ground Floor Hall. Everyone is welcome – we’ll be discussing plans for our upcoming Summer Fair on Saturday the 23rd of June.
Our PA can help parents to:
- improve the school’s facilities, community spirit and partnership with other parents
- socialise and get to know each other whilst taking part in a range of activities
- share common concerns and find solutions through working with the school
- fundraise for extra items or services to enrich the children’s education
Our PA can help our pupils:
- receive a richer education as a result of items bought by the PTA
- benefit from parents’ increased understanding of the school
- socialise by taking part in fundraising events and activities
- understand the importance of giving
Friends Of Burdett-Coutts meeting minutes:
- AGM 19th September 2017
- 26th April 2017
- 30th November 2016
- 17th November 2016
- 17th October 2016
- AGM 3rd October 2016
- 16th June 2016
- 7th June 2016
- 24th May 2016
- 20th May 2016
- 8th February 2016
- 24th September 2015
- 7th July 2015
You may need Adobe Reader to view these PDF files.