Special Educational Needs
We offer a fully inclusive environment and welcome applications from all, including pupils with disabilities. To us, every child has the right to develop their full potential irrespective of their ability, race or gender.
We aim to work in close partnership with parents and carers in identifying any special educational needs (SEND) and in developing a suitable programme to meet these needs. A pupil has SEND if they have a learning difficulty or disability which calls for special educational provision to be made for them. The term is largely used to define those who:
- have a significantly greater difficulty in learning than the majority of others of the same age, or
- have a disability which prevents or hinders them from making use of facilities of a kind generally provided for others of the same age in mainstream schools.
We are committed to providing all pupils with equal, appropriate access to the curriculum regardless of any special need they may have. We intend to secure a culture and ethos in which:
- all pupils are valued and diversity is celebrated;
- all staff recognise their responsibility for ensuring provision for pupils with special educational needs and disability and strive to support access to the curriculum and full range of experiences on offer;
- all pupils have the opportunity to grow, from their different starting points, intellectually, physically, spiritually, socially and emotionally through a carefully planned and balanced curriculum.
We want every child to feel secure and to be able to take advantage of all available learning opportunities. We believe that providing a calm, stable and caring Christian environment encourages children to develop as responsible citizens. By nurturing a love of learning in our pupils, and developing their key skills and personal qualities, such as team work, creativity, flexibility and thoughtfulness, we can help our children to become able and inspired learners.
Our Inclusion Manager and Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENDCo) is Mrs E. Camplin who can be contacted through the school’s office on 020 7828 6790. You may also send her an email through our contact form.
Inclusion Manager & Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENDCo):
- Mrs E. Camplin
SEN Link Governor:
- Mrs. J. Bates
You may need Adobe Reader to view these PDF files.