Parent Governor Vacancy
Dear parents & carers,
I am writing to inform you of a vacancy for the role of parent governor on our governing body.
Our school’s governing body is responsible for providing confident and strategic leadership, and creating robust accountability, oversight and assurance for our school’s educational and financial performance.
Our governors are passionate about education and committed to continuous school improvement to ensure the best possible outcomes for all pupils. You can read more about our governing body here >
As a parent governor, you’ll work with the other members to make sure it effectively carries out the duties referred to above. You’ll also play a vital role in bringing a parental perspective but kindly note you’re not there to speak ‘on behalf’ of the parent body.
To be a parent governor you should have:
- A strong commitment to the role and to improving outcomes for all children
- Good interpersonal skills, curiosity, and a willingness to learn and develop new skills
- The specific skills required to make sure the governing body delivers effective governance
Governors are expected to adhere to the seven principles which should be applied in public life, of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership.
Furthermore we would expect governors to:
- Attend meetings regularly
- Act, and be seen to act, impartially
- Maintain confidentiality
- Attend regular training
- Commit to the 4 year term of office
How to apply:
We are keen to invite candidates who have skills in the areas of law, finance and fundraising.
- If you’re interested in applying for the role, please complete this candidate form (Google Form).
- Alternatively, you can download a PDF copy to print and fill in.
- If you require a printed form, please ask at the school office.
All forms must be submitted by 9am Wednesday 22 February. Printed forms are to be handed to the Clerk to Governors, Ms. K Baker via the school office.
If we receive more applications than there are vacancies, a confidential ballot will be carried out. We will inform you closer to the time if we have to do this.
Should you have any queries about the process or would like to find out more about the role, please feel free to contact me by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Chair of Governors